Pages

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

High hopes Challenge - Embossing

Hello still fuming!!!! Nevermind I a sure things will resolve themselves. I made this card for the High hopes challenge. It is embossing. I embossed the sentiment, the main image and the dark backing paper is handmade using embossing resist. I added some pebbles (please ignore the glue drying). I added a button with ribbon to embellish. I added some faux stitching too. I love using these background stamps by high hopes.
My partner fell about ten foot from the top of his van ladder today and has a very sore hand. I hope it is not broken, he is watching Arsenal lose instead of going to casualty. I hope he is not expecting too much TLC that is the last thing on my mind at the moment.

7 comments:

helen said...

fabby card hon love the resist technique background, hope the hand is ok sounds like a nasty fall, my daughter chipped a bone in her finger last week and she only slipped over (in her socks!!!) on the kitchen floor, its still swollen and black with the bruising, hope he ok but the footie always comes first eh!!!
hugs
helen x

Lorraine A said...

gorgeous card Pascale :-) The image is lovely and the papers are gorgeous too.
I have those pebbles ( had to buy some to boost Joey's sales seeing as she has shares in em lol) and use glue dots to fix em, hadn't thought of using glue !! maybe your way is better !! will try glue next time :-)
Lorraine x x

p.s have something on my blog for you :-/ :-)

Unknown said...

Lovely card, thanks for you kind comment on my blog -hope you're partner is ok.

hugs

Jan x

6 wacky women said...

So pretty, Pascale.
Love the soft colors of your coloring and the embossed background paper.

Karen x

Debbie said...

A great card Pascale, beautiful image and colouring.
I hope your husbands hand is OK and that he didn't want too much TLC ;) lol Debbie x

Sue said...

Lovely card hun i luv ya layout, lovely papers u clever chick, i luv them pebbles. Hope hubbies hand is ok, sue.x

Lynne in NI said...

Great card Pascale - I love how you made your backing paper