Pages

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Arty girlz challenge #62 - favourite colours


Too many colours, how do I choose? What a week! My baby Max has bronchillitus so I spent yesterday morning in casualty. He is responding to the medication quite well so I can go off to my South African evening tonight for a couple hours. Some friends are moving to South Africa soon to work in an orphanage for aids victims, tonight we are having a night to celebrate this.


I received my melting pot this week so I decided to play. This is my first experiment. I used clear UTEE and I melted some in my project pan then I added some blue and red to dye for which created this deep purple centre. I mixed some purple, black, grey and pink polymer clay and then created the pendant. I added some varying gold bugle beads. I added jump rings into the clay so I could create some danglers and link for the chain. I then created the danglers using some beads I made with the leftover clay and the bugle beads. I added a leather chain and there you have it. Photo not great soz.


My favourite colours are black, metallics ( silver, copper,gold) and purples. So I tried to incorporate elements of these. Loved the challenge as it is a chance to express some personality.

6 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow this is amazing.
Great work.

Faye said...

Wow, is nowhere strong enough, Pascale. This is a gorgeous piece of jewelry. I am so impressed that you did this so soon after getting your melting pot. Beautiful.

Crissi Harvey said...

Aw pascale its gorgeous and one of my fave colour purple.
Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge

crissi xx

Ellen said...

what a stunning creation, thanks for explaining how you made it.
well wishes for the little one.

Dawn said...

Gorgeous Pascale! and hope your babe is a lot better soon...

hugs
Dawn
x

Julie Allain said...

Absolutely gorgeous Pascale!!

I hope little Max is better now bless

Thanks for joining in with Arty Girlz

Julie xx