Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A trick or a treat! - Arty girlz challenge #57 orange/ blue and TMTA


I have made this little atc for arty girlz challenge # 57 orange and blue and Think Monday Think ATC which theme is Halloween. I had such a ball looking for the image. I also used a new technique I discovered to make the background. I used acrylic paint onto acrylic paper. I let it dry I then added newspaper I added PVA glue added paint on top added some swirls with the end of the brush and dryed with a heat gun and I adore the results.

I chalked over the b&w image and added a few extra touches.

Glad to have found the time to make this as it seems so hard to find with OH feeling in so much pain. We spent this afternoon at the doctors but now know that it is arthritic. Gout ruled out. He is having a blood screen for rheumatoid arthritis and has a hospital appointment in November.

23 comments:

Heather Robinson said...

Oooo, I love the look of this card! The woman's expression is hilarious. Very imaginative!

Heather Robinson said...

I love the energy in this atc. The look on the woman's face is priceless!! Beautiful use of the colours too!

Chriss Rollins said...

LOVING YOUR BACKGROUND...and the poor cat looks scared out of his wits.
great image.
sorry your OH is in pain and hope that he gets sorted soon.
chriss x

vintage wil said...

wow this is fabulous work !!!

Dawn said...

Wow this is gorgeous! Fantastic images !

Dawn
x

Char said...

Great card. Love the lady.

Ozstuff said...

Fantastic background and thanks so much for sharing your technique with everyone. Wonderful card. I love the combination of glamour and spooky!

Sandy said...

Wow this is amazing.
Great ATC. Perfect.

Femmy said...

fabulous card!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the background. Great ATC!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Fabulous work - I am loving the background!

Crissi Harvey said...

gorgeous piece pascale love the background an fab image.

Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge

crissi xx

RubyMay said...

Great work ...love it !

Best wishes to you and your OH...sorry he's not well hun x

Nancy B said...

I loved reading how you did the background. What a great pin up image!

~*~Patty S said...

Wonderful ATC, so original, and your lady definitely looks spooked !!!

Unknown said...

Fabulous work Pascale!

Kim Dellow said...

That is so cool Pascale. Love it. Kimx

manus said...

What a wonderful ATC! I love the image and it's a great background you've made! Stunning artwork!

Rika said...

Great card!

Julie Allain said...

WOW Pascale this is wonderful!!!

Thanks for joining in with this weeks Arty Girlz challenge

Julie xx

K J D said...

Hi

Great atc.... love the background and the image of the very shocked looking woman/witch?

Karen

Taluula said...

Oh wow this is wonderful. I love the spooky theme you've used too.

Allison said...

this is great
AllisonX