Pages

Saturday, August 06, 2011

A Krafty Day!

Hi there everyone I have had a great Krafty Day and so I am sharing some of the fruits of my labour with you. I have made two cards for Delicious Doodles Shop. I hope you like them I am quite chuffed with how they turned out.
I'm  already thinking about Harvest time and the summer is barely upon us, well hop over to the Shop to see some gorgeous new releases with a harvest feel!! I used the gorgeous Autumn Fall paper to make these two makes. I decided to make tea bag folding paper adn both cards have no digital images they use simply paper.

The first card is one that I think is great for the season of Thanksgiving that will be upon us before we know it. I used the papers and changed the tone slightly to make two contrasting backing papers. I simply resized the original image to 2 inches squared and tiled to make the tea bag papers. I love this technique so theraputic.

I added some vellum to the top half of the papers and a ribbon. I then mounted onto kraft card and I added the stamped sentiment. I then added the finished tea bag folding and a decorative button. I also cut out some of the leaves to embellish the card too.

The second card is made using 5 squares of tea bag tiles to make the cross. I then added a button to decorate the cross. I again used a contrasing colour of backing paper by using my graphics program to change the colour. I added vellum,a ribbon and a stamped sentiment to complinent the cross. I also added some cut out leaves to the design.

There is still time to enter the DT call so hop on over to the Challenge blog for full deets.

Thanks for stopping by today I really appreciate your time and comments. I hope you are inspired too. Hugs Pascale

3 comments:

Teri said...

Awesome makes hun! I haven't the patience to fold all that paper!!

Faye said...

Wow, such beautiful work. I don't do tea bag stuff but my sister does. Your two pieces are both gorgeous.

Faye said...

Great looking art work.