Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Tag you're it - Spring into Spring



Well Good morning to you another glorious day here in London.

We have been so blessed with the weather for the past two weeks. I went to a local eco park yesterday. I went to the local inner city farm and a short walk away is the most beautiful eco park that takes you out of urban London for a short while. There is a hill that you climb up and you can see all over London. A real find for us as it means we can hang out there in the summer when the weather is glorious like today.

Today I am bringing you my DT piece for Tag You're it. The theme is Spring into Spring.

I made this tag for the challenge. I decided to use spring colours for my image. I used pinks, greens, oranges and blue. The blue was inspired by bluebells and the pink by the tree blossom. The oranges from the centre of the daffodils and the green by the sudden emergence of leaves on the trees.

The image is from Sweet Pea Stamps. The background I created with distress inks having masked the image. I then added stickles and stamped on the sentiment and used another stamp to add texture around the image.

I coloured the image with prisma colour pencils and then I added a pearly glittery glue over the top to make her shiney.

I added some embellies and some ribbon and lace and jute from my stash to finish off the tag.

The sentiment says "Joy is not in things, It is in us".

Hop over to see how my lovely teamates interpreted Spring in their tags and why not join in. Tag making is the perfect way to get a craft fix xxx

6 comments:

Joey said...

Hiya Hun

a beautiful tag gorgeous soft colouring. You must let us know where all these haunts you find are!!!

Joey.xxx

Lynda said...

Lovely delicate colours and the lace finishes it off perfectly. A gorgeous tag.

Love Lynda xxx

Unknown said...

I agree with Joey the soft colouring is fab x love the diferent fibres too x Brill tag teamie xx

Poppet said...

Wonderful summer colours. She looks so relaxed, wish it was me. All the ribbons adding extra texture look great. :-) xx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Your tag is beautiful Pascale and such pretty details, Be sure to check out the Wags 'n Whiskers blog sweetie ;-) Hugs, Nikki x

Juls said...

this is just beautiful!! Love it!! Hugs Juls