Pages

Sunday, April 04, 2010

Tag You're it Challenge 1 - On a bough


Hi there, Happy Easter, have you scoffed all your chocolate eggs yet.

I will be helping the kids with theirs later on.

First of all I want to share with you some fantastic news.

A while ago my lovely friends Anne and Sam asked me if I wanted to join their DT on the fantastic challenge blog Tag You're it. This is a blog dedicated to those who love making tags.

I used to join in with the wonderful challenges just over a year ago.

The blog was dismantled for a while as other projects took over. It has undergone a Spring clean and we are relaunching with some AMAZING challenges lined up.

The lovelyLinda is also joining us on the DT.

This week the challenge is On a bough. For me, this immediately led me to think of birds and trees.

I used my new Elaine cox image from Sweet Pea stamps. I love this plate of stamps. I firstly cut out a tag. I used distress inks to create a background onto which I stamped my image.

I then coloured on top of the distress ink with my prismacolour pencils. I added some punched leaves also coloured with prismacolour pencils. I then added some glossy accents to the eyes of the owls.

I added a sentiment from the same plate of stamps. I then added some pearls and a ribbon and used a white gel pen to add some faux paperpiercing to the edge of the tag.

I layered the tag onto some pale green card to which daubed some acrylic paint onto the edges.

We would love you to join in with our challenge. xx

12 comments:

Teri said...

Cute tag hun! Love what you did with the Owls eyes!
Hugs,
Teri x

Joey said...

ooooh I love me Owls and this is gorgeous!!! good luck with the new challenge :O) xxx

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous tag Pascale I hope to find time to join in with your new challenge :-)

Congratulations and good luck :-)

Luv
Lols x x

Unknown said...

Fab to see the blog back Pascale I too loved it last year and it was the inspiration behind TT which zoomed off in a different direction LOL I will be joining in definately! Love your debut tag too xx

Sue said...

Hi Pascal
gorgeous tag luv the image, great colours, yep only a week, not long now. Good luck with the new challenge. sue,x

Lynda said...

Fabulous tag - bautiful stamping - good luck with the re-launch and hope you have lots of fun! Happy Easter!

Love Lynda xxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Pascale,
These owls are gorgeous. What a beautiful tag this is. I hope the challenge goes well.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Harriet H said...

I love your owl tag ....your technique is great.....

Happy Easter !!

Harriet

Juls said...

Fab sentiment and gorgeous images!! Love all the inking techniques you have done! Hugs Juls

Danielle said...

Sweet owl tag Pascale - I love the googly eyes - so cute!! I love the distress ink background - what a great effect! Have fun with your new challenge blog!
Hugs, Danielle

Nicola said...

Awe your tag is adorable Pascale, these owls and sentiment are gotgeous.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Anne said...

Did you use the same technique as on your Fairy Book Pascale? I absolutely adore this tag - the first time I saw it I squealed with delight! Those owls are just adorable and the colours are fab!! Sooooo excited about TYI up and running again! :o) xx