Pages

Sunday, March 07, 2010

Winter Wonderland - New beginnings and a sketch


Hi there another wonderful sunny day in London. I have been over to Covent Garden to build a bear workshop. My youngest daughter was 5 yesterday and as a treat I said we could go to build a bear with her best friend. I will post some pics later with another card I need to post. Oh I so wish I was young again. They asked everyone in the shop to sing happy birthday to her it was so lovely x

This week at Winter Wonderland we have had a week of new beginnings. So this week this is optional in your theme along with the sketch remember to keep it christmas themed though.

We have had to say goodbye to some of our friends who have New Beginnings, commitments and ventures to focus on. They are three very special people and we are all very sad over at Winter Wonderland this week.

Joey is leaving us due to new projects and family commitments. Lesley is leaving us due to work and family commitments. Teri S is leaving us to concentrate on her Digital Stamp Design business 'Delicious Doodles' - Although she has kindly agreed to remain a regular sponsor.
We are wishing all three every success in the future and will miss them so much.

Some more new beginnings at Winter Wonderland we are going to be having a 'Designer in the Spotlight' slot every month which will be for two people. So look out for some wonderful Guest designers here at Winter Wonderland.





Also from this week onwards we will feature our top three cards on the blog and those winners will be able to proudly display our Top Three banner on their blogs.



We are also having a DT call so just make a card for this weeks challenge and add DT next to your name.



This week there is a sketch to follow too my third sketch. I used my promarkers to create a background onto which I stamped using this sentiment stamp by Magnolia. I also punched out some small squares and stamped the sentiment randomly onto these. I coloured some DCWV papers with the promarkers too. I added some swirls with distress ink. I also added a variety of embellishments from my stash.


5 comments:

Danielle said...

A really lovely card Pascale! Gorgeous papers and the sentiment is great! Thanks for another great sketch! And wish your beautiful daughter a very Happy 5th Birthday!
Hugs, Danielle

Teri said...

Another lovely card hun! Thanks for the write-up, much appreciated.
And wish your wee one a Happy Birthday from me too. My youngest is six on 15th. Where did the time go??
Hugs,
Teri xx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Pascale,
Another beautiful card. It is so colourful. Absolutely stunning.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Sue said...

Hi Pascal
great card fabby colours great sketch thanks hun, sue,x

Lynda said...

Thanks for another dream of a sketch Pascale. Love the inking technique it makes a fabulous backdrop for the sentiment. Gorgeous card as always and thanks again for all your hard work this week - it really has been appreciated.

Love Lynda xxx