Pages

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Winter Wonderland - Stamp a candle or decorate a candle holder

Hello 4 weeks until christmas EEKS not prepared in the slightest. It will be a cheap and cheerful one this year due to our circumstances. All handmade gifts. So I got a bit of practise in with these candle holders for my DT piece over at Winter Wonderland .

This week we want you to stamp a candle or decorate a candle holder. I brought these over the summer to make into gifts for the teachers in July. Anyway things got beyond my control and I did not have the time to do them. So I dug them out for this DT piece.

I must say I struggled a little with this one. I used alcohol inks to create a coloured effect on the glass. I then relised this is highly flammable so may not of been the best medium to use. I then created the beaded wire which I found just did not want to sit on the glass at all. I stamped some christmassy images by Papermania and them with silcone glue. To boot my photography is not up to scratch.

5 comments:

Joey said...

oh hun I am sat here laughing I thought I was the only clutz on our dt!!! love it the alcohol inks do look very effective and the holders beautiful. Joey.xxx

Teri said...

Pascale ... they are beautiful. I love the wired beading! And the colours are fab!

Teri xxx

Teri said...

I think these are fabulous - shame it's flamable though!
Have agreat day!
Hugs,
Teri x

Unknown said...

Pascale these are just beautiful, I love the colour so much, I too have to go with handmade gifts this year and I am going to do IOU vouchers for my daughter, ie. IOU a Lunch out, etc....well it will make Xmas stretch out a little.....Hugs Avril xxxx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous candle holders Pascale :-) The alcohol is only flammable till it evaporates ,, which it does immediately ,,, so you can light them :-),, just stand well back when you do lol ,,,,,, no seriously ,, they will be fine :-)

Luv
Lols x x x