Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Crafty Pad - Something Shiny

Hi everyone, it is a bit dull in London today, good excuse to craft! I am very excited as this is my first Guest Design Team appearance since I joined blogland!!! Debbie who owns The Crafty Pad asked me to be a Guest designer for two weeks. This week the theme is to use something shiny in your card or project. You could use mirrorboard, Gems, metal, glitter as long as it shines. You do not have to use a crafty pad stamp,but if you choose too you, will be entered into the prize draw twice.
I decided to get out my polymer clay (my favourite medium) and make a necklace. I used the Butterflies and verse set. I mixed several colours of clay (silver, black and white) I rolled it out and having inked my stamp with clear versamark ink, I pressed it into the clay to form the butterfly impression. I cut it out using craft scissors. I then added beads to parts of the design. I didn't follow the stamp impression directly I improvised. I then added clear liquid polymer clay and baked in the oven.
To add the shine I painted on some H20's and added a glaze of varnish. I then beaded the necklace.
Debbies stamps are deeply etched and give a very good impression ,so this is why I could use them to make my necklace. I have already worn the necklace and had some lovely comments which made me feel very chuffed. I was shopping in Next at London Bridge and I chose a ring and the assistant said that will go perfectly with your butterfly necklace.
Please pop over to The Crafty pad and see the other Design Team projects as they are very creative and extremely talented.

6 comments:

Macpurp said...

This is fantastic! I have never worked with clay before, but I love the end result!
will need to look into this!

love tina xx

Lorraine A said...

Oh wow Pascale !! That is absolutely stunning !! I love your necklaces, just beautiful ! :-)
Lorraine x x

Congratulations on your GD spot :-)

Sue said...

Wow Pascale what a stunning necklace hun, beautiful creation, sue.x

Riet said...

Wowwww Pascale,what beautiful.

Hugs Riet.x

rozzyb said...

oh woweeee Pascale this is absolutely stunning.
Its fantastic to see other crafty items than cards. you are so talented.
Its lovely to work along side you at The Crafty Pad
keep up teh fantastic work
hugs rozzy xx

Debbie said...

Hi Pascale - wow and wow again my dear - what a brilliant idea and it is really stunning. :) Love how you have stamped into the clay - very effective. ;) I am sure it looks beautiful when worn as a necklace. :)
Thank you for a beautiful DT piece. :)

xxDebbie The Crafty Pad