Pages

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Mixed Media Monday - Opposites





Here is my entry for the theme opposites. I have used several opposites. Adult and child, Young and old, Warm colours and Cold colours, Innocent and Guilty. The idea emerged during creation. I started off wanting to create a contrast of warm and cold colours. I felt I need to add images so I added these from art-e-zine ( free vintage images online) and then developed the wording etc. I have transformed a washing tablet box before I made a ribbon holder but I covered that one with paper. This one I painted with acrylic paint and then sprayed with three tones of glimmer mists. I also inked it. I used acetate and glass paints for the flowers. The guilty picture has some glue still on it but I wanted you to see WIP.

10 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

A gorgeous project and what a brilliant idea! Love it!!

Moira said...

Hello O think I have seen your work on the Artylicious blog too. Great piece

My Creative House said...

Wow - wonderful box and a great idea.

Femmy said...

this is GREAT!!!! love all the different opposites and colours!!

http://truutske.blogspot.com said...

This is so brilliant. Love what you have done with it.

Anonymous said...

Looks great!

Heather Robinson said...

Oh, this is simply delightful. I've been busy enlarging the photos to see all of the colour and details in this tablet box. Pascale....it is wonderful!

Kim Dellow said...

Fab recycling job here :) kimx

Anonymous said...

Wow, so ambitious, and I haven't even begun anything yet. You have shamed me with how much you've put into this. Nice.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful box, Pascale- just gorgeous! Diane